Keep this in mind if you want to find your dream job.
CHICAGO, IL — One third of Americans report that they’ll be job hunting this year. To get to work in 2013, here are some proven tips to finding your dream job.
- Accept Responsibility. Your next great job begins with you. Begin your job hunt knowing that you are responsible for your success.
- Know Yourself. Use evaluation tools to help provide a road map to your greatest strengths and skills. Take time to reflect on where you want to be and what strengths you have.
- Find a Mentor. If branching out into something new, find a mentor. Get some experience working or volunteering to get acquainted with the new industry.
- Own a Niche. Instead of trying to be a generalist, develop skills in your niche and actively market your expertise.
- Brand Yourself. Brand yourself digitally so people can find you and know who you are. Capitalize on social networking sites and consider investing in a website and blog for yourself.
- Network Daily. View networking as a full time job and do something everyday that helps you build and maintain your network.
- Join the Free Agent Economy. Part-time employment and flexible arrangements are becoming the norm. Part-time, flexible and often short-term opportunities are now providing long-term income for many workers.
- Be Persistent. Creatively pursue opportunities to meet the decision makers. Consider asking for an informational interview even if the company isn’t hiring just yet.
Via by Abridged: Fox News